Linux System Administrator
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Linux System Administrator to join the team with Linux experience to perform daily task of all virtual environments to include building new virtual machines, updating DNS and troubleshooting system problems.
· Ten (10) years’ experience
o with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, computer hardware and software.
· Five (5) years’ experience
o performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, network support, etc., related to computer hardware and software; and providing assistance to users.
o optimizing system operations.
o ensuring licensing agreements and system currency.
· Three (3) years’ experience
o with intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
· OS (Linux) - (version 5 or higher). Linux Administration
· Red Hat OpenShift experience.
· Patch and update Linux VM systems.
· Infrastructure Management: Install and configures VMware Infrastructure Server.
· Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
· Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments.
· Performing routine audit of systems and software.
· Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
· Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
· Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
· Answer technical queries and assist developers and end users.
· Responsible for security of the system.
· Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system.
· Troubleshoot any reported problems.
· System performance tuning.
· Configuring, adding, and deleting file systems
· Build new development, test and production environments utilizing Dell Blade servers and VMware.
· Install and configure VMware ESX server on Dell Blades.
· Install and configures VMware Infrastructure Server.
· Create documentation for builds and upgrades.
· Install and configure infrastructure applications and support integration with critical application environment.
· Support Certification and Accreditation of Systems.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management etc) is desired.
Fort Meade, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.